Highlights From the First Year of ‘It Takes a Titan’From notable gifts to record-breaking days of giving, Cal State Fullerton celebrates the campaign’s momentum.
Titan resilience and generosity were on full display in the first year of Cal State Fullerton’s comprehensive campaign, “It Takes a Titan.”
Amid a pandemic that swiftly increased student unemployment, food insecurity and even homelessness, the Titan community stepped up to help with basic needs, while continuing to support future student success in the post-pandemic world.
The university is celebrating that “It Takes a Titan” has raised nearly $170 million and is 85% to its goal of $200 million. To learn more about the campaign and how to make a difference in the life of a Titan, visit campaign.fullerton.edu.
Scroll horizontally to view the timeline, tap a story to learn more.
- February 2020Public launchUniversity publicly launches campaign
- February 2020Marc Dickey$25,000 + 40% of estateMarc Dickey, professor of music: $25,000 + 40% of his estate for School of Music scholarshipsRead More
- February 2020Begoviches$10 millionNicholas and Lee Begovich: $10 million for gravitational-wave, engineering, computer science researchRead More
- March 2020#TitansGive day of giving$239,139#TitansGive day of giving: $239,139 raised in 24 hoursRead More
- June 2020Hodges Fellowship Endowment$400,000Hodges Fellowship Endowment: $400,000 to support students in English or comparative literatureRead More
- October 2020Titan Emergency and Basic Needs Network$415,000Titan Emergency and Basic Needs Network: $415,000 for student basic needs
- October 2020Mysun Foundation$100,000Mysun Foundation: $100,000 to help maintain the arboretum grounds and plantsRead More
- November 2020 Tarsadia Foundation$300,000Tarsadia Foundation: $300,000 for the Center for Healthy NeighborhoodsRead More
- December 2020Alumni Association$45,000Alumni Association: $45,000 for students in need due to the pandemicRead More
- December 2020Terry Giles$1 millionTerry Giles ’70, owner and president of Giles Enterprises: $1 million to the Center for LeadershipRead More
- January 2021NBCUniversal$500,000NBCUniversal: $500,000 to advance training of diverse journalistsRead More
- February 2021SchoolsFirst$800,000SchoolsFirst: $800,000 to support future teachersRead More
- February 2021The Cervantes Family$75,000The Cervantes Family: $75,000 to support Titan softballRead More
- March 2021Northeastern Funded By Pivotal Ventures$650,000$650,000 grant to attract, retain and graduate women in computer scienceRead More
- March 2021#TitansGive day of giving$450,000#TitansGive day of giving: more than $450,000 raised in 24 hoursRead More
- March 2021One-year anniversaryOne-year anniversary of campaign launch